The mission and goal of GOYA is to lead our young people into experiencing and maturing in the Holy Orthodox Faith. By developing a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ through becoming active sacramental members of the living Church, our teenagers will experience for themselves wisdom and grace in God.
The major developmental task of a teenager is to achieve or form a sense of identity- “who they are” in relationship to others, the world, and God. It has been said that adolescence is a time of exploration, after which young people emerge with commitment to certain values, goals, behaviors, and beliefs.
St. George altar service is open to all Orthodox Christian boys who would like to learn more about our Divine Liturgy services and how to serve as helpers to our priests. Participants of all ages must possess a sense of reverence, respect and an eagerness to learn and serve. Altar servers are led by Fr. Eugen.
The 2014 Activities
- January 27th – Fundraiser at Papa Gyro Restaurant
- February 22nd – Mardi Grass – From 12 to 3 p.m. at the Saint George’s Cultural Center
- March 7th – Lenten Retreat – From 6 to 9:30 p.m. at Saint George Church
- April 18th – Sunday School Retreat – From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Saint George Church
- May 24th – Spring Cleaning Day – the grounds of Saint George’s